Happy birthday to me!
Each year I think I'm going to feel like it's just another day, until the night before. Then I get a little excited. It's a good reason to carve time out for myself. I usually do so without any guilt. Yesterday my sister took me out for lunch at Simply Fondue in Livermore. Each table has a stovetop burner or two on it. Our burner didn't fired up because we decided to not do cheese. Crohn's make me think better of it. I ordered the fuego beef on talera roll, which was like a panini. It had cheese on it, but not as much as fondue would be on my stomach. My sister had the meatball sliders. Both were really, really good. I would definitely eat there again.
After that, we did what we usually do. The mall. Walked around. I went looking for headbands and didn't see any that I really liked. I should probably look in Etsy, instead of at stores with mass produced goods. Headbands aren't really "in" right now, so choices are slim. I didn't have time to go into J. Crew. I would've been more motivated had it been Wednesday. I did go into Bath & Bodyworks and got some nice candles for $2.50/ea. Their semi-annul sale will end soon, so you might want to stop in if you like their goods.
This is what I wore yesterday. I had on last year's pintuck cami dress. They didn't offer the same exact thing on the factory side. However, they did re-do the pintuck cami ($29.50 + 20% off w/thru Jul 5th), which I have in white. Last year's retail, pintuck top ran 2 sizes too big, but the Crewlet version is only 1 size too big, imo. I got a 4. No regrets. Yes, I do love the Kate Spade fish tote ($149 at Shopbop, sold out at Kate Spade). It's quirky and fun. It fit just what I needed for the day. Shoe & bracelet details below.
J. Crew - addtl 60% off
* Braided cord necklace ($49.99)
* Cap-seeve shirttail blouse ($44.99) - review
* Cinched tank top ($34.99) - reXXview
* Contrast paneled shell ($49.99) - I went for the M and am happy w/the sizing - review
* Crossover pencil skirt in plumeria jacquard (69.99) - review
* Edith A. Miller for J. Crew henley ($54.99)
* Edith A. Miller for J. Crew long sleeve mix crewneck tee ($39.99) - review
* Garden pant in midnight floral ($59.99) - review
* Gauze tassel dress ($44.99) - machine wash
* Gold foil tuxedo stripe short ($24.99 - $29.99) - review
* Mini-skirt in midnight floral jacquard ($49.99)
* Mixed print infinity scarf ($49.99) - The midnight floral print is one of the choices.
* Ribbed metallic cardigan sweater ($34.99) - review
* Sleeveless shift dress in midnight floral jacquard ($59.99) - review - 2nd cut to $59.99, addtl 30% off, not 60% off
* Tie-dye indigo scarf ($29.99) - review - 3rd review down
SUMMERSTYLE gets 30% off select wear-now styles for all
30% off sale items
60% off final sale items items
ends tonite, Wed, Jul 1